Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kadoka South Dakota

We left Omaha around 8:15 this morning and arrived in Kadoka, SD 9 hours and 420 miles later. We visited Scribner and Pilger where Bill's Aunts Luella and Hertha lived long ago. 


We passed by countless cornfields, grazing cattle, bales of hay, grain elevators and water towers with the town's name on them.

I started noting the populations of these
small towns: Tilden 1078, Oakdale 362, Neligh 1651, Clearwater 384, Ewing 387,  Inman 129, O'Neill 3705, a major metropolis where we stopped for lunch.

Hard pressed to find a non-meat item and tired of grilled cheese, I ordered a fried fish sandwich while Bill got the special: creamed chicken over biscuits. I'm hoping to find some gently cooked or raw veggies on this trip!!

We spent the afternoon listening to and singing songs I brought on my iPod starting with Beverly "guitar" Watkins singing "Miss Doctor Feelgood"! Happy I remembered my music because it's hard to pick up radio stations with no static in some areas.

So, we're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

More later, Cappy




No comments:

Post a Comment