Wednesday, August 28, 2013

On Sunday, August 18th which was the third anniversary of my Dad's death, Jocelyn, Talli and I sang Dona Nobis Pacem in church. It was a very sweet moment and I know my Dad was smiling down on us!

As we approach our departure date from Silver Spring, I've been catching up with friends I've made in the last few months and a couple of friends from years past. Spending lots of time with Talli Jane who started middle school on 8/26.
Showing Poppy videos she's made!
 
 
On Saturday, August 24th, Bill, Dan, Jocelyn, Talli and I went to the 2013 March on Washington for Jobs, Justice and Freedom! It was wonderful to attend 50 years after I attended the 1963 March on Washington! And great to be there with my daughter and granddaughter! We heard lots of speakers and all of them spoke very clearly about the importance of including any and all groups who experience oppression, violence, injustice or discrimination. Rev. Al Sharpton admonished the crowd of over 200,000 to not get confused by who was more oppressed and reminded us that we need each other and have power when we work on issues together!
In front of the White House on our way to the March!!!
 
First day of middle school!
 
 
 
Here we are having dinner at a restaurant Talli chose the first day of middle school.
 
 Today, which is the actual 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, Bill and I are headed downtown for another gathering. We hope to hear Presidents Obama, Clinton and Carter!! Another historic event!
 
 Tomorrow we leave Silver Spring after a fabulous 4 months! We'll arrive in Atlanta just in time for Labor Day weekend. Our time with kids and grandkids has come to an end.
 
It's been an amazing 12 months with so many precious moments with family, making new friends, exploring new communities and being reminded over and over again that there are wonderful people everywhere you are!
 
The Tuesday after Labor Day we'll head to Omaha, NE to visit Bill's Mom and sister for a couple of days. Then we'll drive to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone Park returning to Atlanta mid September. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the amazing places of beauty in the western USA!
 
Thanks for reading my blog! It's been a great way for me to record memories from these "many moons on the road"!
 
Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment